Recent Storm Damage Posts
How SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties Cares for Your Belongings
Storm and water damage affect not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home.
SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe - Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- Quicker remodeling processes
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. Whether you experience fire or water damage to your Clarion Jefferson or Forest County home or business, SERVPRO is Here to Help. For immediate assistance, give us a call at 814 849-5653 or visit our website.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage
SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup.
We all know that by living in Pennsylvania, we are prone to storms no matter the time of year! We do not know, nor can we control when they come and go. However, we can control the measures we take in order to prevent our homes from experiencing damage from the storm. Here are a few things you can do in order to prevent your home from being a victim to storm damage:
- Remove Dead Wood from trees near your house
- Trim Trees
- Fix Loose Siding
- Inspect your Roof Annually/ Replace Missing or Damaged Shingles
- Pack Up/Secure Outdoor Furniture
- Clean Gutters Regularly
- Check Sump Pump
- Always Have a Spare Generator
SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. We are Here to Help and make it “Like It Never Even Happened!” Call us at any time, day, or night at (814) 849-5653.
We Are…..#1 in Storm & Water Damage
Flooding is a coast-to-coast threat to the United States and its territories in all months of the year. Flooding typically occurs when prolonged rain falls over several days, when intense rain falls over a short period of time, or when an ice or debris jam causes a river or stream to overflow into local neighborhoods Flooding can also result from the failure of a water control structure, such as a levee or dam. The most common cause of the flooding is water due to rain and/or snowmelt that accumulates faster than soils can absorb it or rivers can carry it away. Approximately seventy-five percent of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding. Below are the most common flood hazards to impact the United States:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Storm Surge and Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burn Scars/Debris Flows
- Ice/Debris Jams
- Dry Wash
- Dam Breaks/Levee Failure
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Every water damage situation is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” water damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today 814 849-5653
Why Choose SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson & Forest Counties?
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
We’re dedicated to responding immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring, and documentation.
We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and DisastersWe can access the resources and personnel of 1,700 Franchises for back-up to handle major storms and disasters. We also have access to special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to catastrophic storms and events.
How To Prepare Your Home for a Winter Storm
Snow storms can mean beautiful scenery and downed power lines as well as communication disruptions
Winter storms can bring cold temperatures, icy roads, power losses, and loss of communication services.
Winter storms can bring cold temperatures, icy roads, power losses, and loss of communication services. To keep your home and family safe this winter, it’s important to prepare before a storm hits. Here are some tips to help you prepare your home for a winter storm:
- Insulate water lines that run along exterior walls to help prevent freezing and bursting.
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows.
- Insulate walls and attic.
- Repair any roof leaks and cut away tree branches that could fall onto your home.
- Install storm windows or cover windows with plastic from the inside.
- Have your chimney or flue inspected every year.
- Install a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector. Make sure to test them monthly and replace the batteries twice a year. (Suggestion: When we change the clocks.)
- If you use a wood stove, fireplace, or kerosene heater, keep a fire extinguisher nearby and keep all fuel-burning equipment vented outside. (Be sure you know how to operate the fire extinguisher)
- Have your furnace and vents checked and cleaned every winter.
- For older adults, keep an easy-to-read thermometer inside the home and check it often during winter months.
If a winter storm damages your home in any way, SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties is ready to respond. We are locally owned and operated, so our team is prepared for an increase in calls when a winter storm hits our area. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - even on holidays.
Give us a call today at 814 849-5653
When Storms or Floods hit North Central PA, SERVPRO os ready!
SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties and SERVPRO of Clearfield County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit North Central PA, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us 814-849-5653