6 WAYS TO PREVENT FROZEN WATER PIPES
Punxsutawney Phil has predicted 6 more weeks of winter so we have some freezing weather to get through before the thaw.
Here are some tips on ways to help prevent frozen pipes:
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer air to reach plumbing/pipes.
- Keep all garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night, making sure it is never below 55 degrees F.
- Allow the faucet to drip if it is served by pipes on an exterior wall. Running water through the pipe can help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Make arrangements to have a neighbor check on your home during a cold spell if you are out of town.
- Turn the water off at the main if you know you will be away for an extended period of time.
Stay warm neighbors, and remember SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties is here for any water and/or fire emergencies you may have!
Our emergency restoration technicians are available 24 hours a day.
Give us a call if you need help at
SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties