What you should know about mold....
Mold is a natural organism that can grow anywhere in the environment where moisture is present. Any source of water can make your home or business susceptible to mold growth, and can be damaging to your home and to your health if it is not dealt with quickly and properly. You do not even have to have significant water damage or flooding in your home or business in order for mold to begin to grow, so it is important to be aware of the most common places where mold is found.
Where mold might be growing...
- Basements or cellars where humidity is high
- Basements or cellars where water damage has previously occurred
- Behind or underneath refrigerators
- Around plumbing or pipes
- Around air conditioning units
- Around the base of toilets or showers
- Underneath sinks
- Around or underneath windows that leak
- Around cardboard boxes or papers that are kept in damp or dark places
What to look for...
- Presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors
- Evidence of past moisture problems (dark water stains, etc.)
- Excessive moisture or humidity in a space
What to do if you find it...
If any of items listed above are present in your home or business, technicians from SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties can be on site within a few hours to evaluate the situation. If mold is present, we have the expertise and equipment to remove it and restore your property.
Call 814 849-5653